Wednesday 23 February 2011

The Australia Issue

YAY!!!! Australia marks the 5th continent that I have stepped my feet on!!!!!

When I travel, normally, I would plan months ahead!!! If I traveled in June, my head would think of what to wear in March... and in May, the suitcase would be packed, ready to go ... a month later :) I would also do a bit of research about where to go, what to eat (my babi is responsible for this most of the time as he does WONDER with this!!!!) on a HALF DAY-TO-HALF DAY basis... and I would get disappointed if I missed anything.

Yes, that's ME!

... and Yes, that's how I travelled in the past: to Paris, to Rome, to Prague, to LA, to New York blah blah blah...

But... THIS TIME! Both Viet and I thought that we should just be SPONTANEOUS! be FUN! GO WITH THE FLOW for a change!

Of course, I would still plan on WHAT TO WEAR, but not as early and detailed as before...

Below are photos from our lovely trip to Sydney and Melbourne..











Photobucket


The Sydney Opera House is a MUST-GO for all the tourists.... we're no exception :)

It added extra sugar to our lovely Valentine's day.... Love's in the air...

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket
Photobucket
My bf surprised me again with a Valentine's dinner. The location was perfect, the food was perfect... the mood was perfect.... He made me feel like I was the luckiest girl on earth :)

Photobucket

Photobucket




second day in Sydney.... wondering where to go.... (this doesn't normally happen =)) )

Photobucket






Then we decided to go to the historic Queen Victoria Building for breakfast!

Photobucket


There!!! I found my breakfast!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket




Photobucket








Photobucket 
Photobucket

3rd day: Featherdale Wildlife Park, Blue Mountains... and we also learnt how to throw a boomerang!!




Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Harbour Bridge was probably my favorite night spot in Sydney....

Photobucket




After 3 days and 3 nights in Sydney.... we took the flight to Melbourne...


Photobucket

So many people have asked me about this suitcase... it's a vintage American Tourister :)

Photobucket

Photobucket





Photobucket
Photobucket 

Photobucket
Photobucket





Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket











Photobucket




Photobucket



To be honest, Australia is probably my least favorite country out of those that I have visited... May be it's due to the fact the I did not learn about the place's history before my visit, so I rarely got excited.... and everything seemed a bit rushed.... because I didn't plan probably??

Or maybe not...

Don't get me wrong! We did have a good time there, just not as good as I expected it to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment